Definition of vines, forms, types, examples (complete) – In this discussion we will explain about vines. An explanation that includes the definition, shape, type and example of vines which will be discussed in full and easy to understand. For more details, please refer to the reviews below carefully.
Definition of Vines, Forms, Types, Examples (Complete)
Let us discuss the complete understanding of vines first carefully.
According to Wikipedia, vines are one of the plant habitats. This type of plant needs other plants to get the best position in the competition for sunlight.
Vines usually grow at the bottom of the forest so that there is little light shining on them. This is because the vines’ stems are weak, they develop special organs, such as tendrils, thorns, or aerial roots to help them survive by riding on other structures that are higher and stronger.
If you don’t get a support plant, the vines will grow creeping up. But there are some plants that are obligate vines and are not able to survive long if they spread on the ground.
We often see vines around us, such as sweet potato, bitter melon, passion fruit, pepper and others. This plant uses other plants as a support so that it can spread upwards so that it gets enough sunlight.
The vines will usually form a bush if the support / growth enforcer for propagating is not there, this happens in plants that are not absolutely vines such as Toxicodendron radicans.
The length of propagation in vines characterizes the occurrence of growth in these plants. Vines can also propagate on rocks, other plants or other stands to get sunlight. Vines that are exposed to sunlight grow faster because they don’t invest in the nutrients to form tough stems. Some of the climbing plants are known to be invasive species.
These plants can also colonize an area quickly, especially in areas that lack nutrients such as rocks. These plants can also propagate on walls. Of course you have had a wall covered by plants, this can cover the entire wall.
Vines can also be used as ornamental plants. Many of these beautiful plants have pergola ornaments of vines. Many plants have beautiful flowers. The strands of flowers and leaves and fruit often give off a romantic impression.
Vines are a characteristic feature of tropical rain ecosystems. There are so many vines in Indonesia because our country is a tropical area. Many here are either in number, type or density.
The most common is the type of liana. The density of the liana plant contributes significantly to oxygen and biomass.
Types of vines
The following are the types of vines that you can see below:
- Loop the stem around an upright plant, such as plant species from the genus Ipomoea
- With roots formed on the internodes, such as species from the genus Hedera
- Petiol which binds upright plants such as in species of the genus Clematis
- Using tendrils, which can be stem tips (Vitaceae), leaves (Bignoniceae, or flowers (Passiflora) specially modified)
- Using tendrils which produce sticky organs so that they stick to upright / upright plants (Parthenocissus)
- Using spines or hook-shaped structures
- Adjusting the shape of the trunk with any available rock or tree gaps while climbing up and filling in those gaps
Definition of vines, shape, type, examples
Examples of Vines
- Ferns from the genus Lygodium
- Sweet potato
- Passion fruit
- Shrubs vines
- Shrub climbing
- Herbaceous vines
- Liana types (saga, sweet saga, telik saga)
- Flower telang
- Sharp Ki
- Tubal root, imora
- Bamboo Kadalan
- Kakuri red flowers
- Red pandanus
- Pandan rope
- Alamanda flower
- Kukuk chopsticks
- Bridal tears or coral vine
- Roots of valves, valves, valves
- Sword fern
- Ivy (Hedera Helix)
- Path of Fire
- Air plant
- Golden Moneyword
- Petrea volubis
- Jasmine Irian
- Betel (Piper Betle)
- Morning Glory
- Deer antler (Platycerium bifurcatum)
- Dollar plant
- Paris lily (Chlorophytum comosom)
Thus has been explained about the understanding of vines, forms, types, examples (complete), hopefully it can increase your knowledge and insight about vines. Thank you for visiting